Friday, August 21, 2009

Still on the HealthKick wagon - just



I thought I'd show you what prompted me to begin Project HealthKick. As I will prove, I was forced into it by a devilish pastry that has no shame.

This is the Black Forest Brioche from Adriano Zumbo Patissier.

Soft, spongey brioche cake base - check.
Fresh cream whipped around tart, juicy red cherries - check.
Lashings of grated chocolate - check, check.
Light dusting of fine icing sugar - check.

- "Jury, what is your verdict?"

- "Guilty, as charged!"



PS: I am still doing Project HealthKick but have fallen off the wagon for the weekend. Put another way, I have about 3 fingers of each hand clutching the back of the wagon as it speeds round the corner...

7 comments:

  1. That looks so good!

    Living in such close proximity, it's a testiment of your willpower that you're even able to have some semblance of a health kick.

    I wouldn't go so far as to call Zumbo the devil but devilish...? I could see that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, that's totally worth falling off the wagon for. Worth flinging yourself off for. Good god.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abandon your diet, taste this first!!! You did the right thing, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Black forest is the best, and don't worry about having a day off your health kick. Better to have a break than to give up altogether.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can always rely on you as the Zumbo latest catalogue, saves me from visiting too often :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi Simon - yes, it is very difficult living so close to Zumbo's. My willpower is shot to pieces...

    hi Conor - hehe, that's what I thought - all that cream, oh my!

    hi Anh - great attitude you've got there!

    hi Arwen - thanks for the encouragement, I will try.

    hi Howard - you're welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, I like Howard's comment about you being the Zumbo catalogue! It does mean I get to see what I am missing out on by having no Zumbo in Melbourne!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin