They even tasted fine after I forgot to put in the egg! I mean, how do you forget something like that?
The muffin liners are by Donna Hay.
Macadamia and Pineapple Muffins
2 1/4 cups (335g) self-raising flour, sifted
1/2 cup (110g) raw sugar, plus 1 tbs extra
1 cup chopped macadamia nuts (use food processor)
125g unsalted butter, softened
2 tbs honey
1 cup (250ml) buttermilk
440g canned crushed pineapple in natural juice, well-drained
1 egg, lightly beaten
1. Preheat oven to 190°C (not fan-forced).
2. Line a 12-hole muffin pan with paper cases.
3. Place flour and sugar in a large bowl with half the macadamias, then set aside.
4. Melt butter with honey in a small saucepan over low heat. When melted, remove from heat and add the buttermilk and pineapple.
5. Stir to combine, then add egg. Make a well in centre of dry ingredients and pour in buttermilk mixture. Fold in to just combine, then pour mixture into muffin pan.
6. Combine remaining nuts with extra tablespoon of raw sugar and sprinkle over the muffins. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden and cooked through.
Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
Recipe adapted from delicious. (issue October 2004)