Another year over, a new one just begun...
To celebrate the close of a great year, I thought I'd put together a collation of some of the popular posts from this blog in 2012. So let's join hands and take a quick journey down memory lane - it's a very short lane because I can't totter very far in my high heels =)
1. Spicy Fish Burgers - a lovely light meal of crusty bread filled with a fish fillet and veg
2. Raspberry and white chocolate cheesecake - a spectacular dessert topped with luscious berries
3. Red velvet cupcakes - celebrate Valentine's Day with your own bit of sweetness
4. Lemon lime tart - tart by name and tart by nature!
5. Lettuce, dill and mint cakes - I was a bit obsessed with 'fritters' this year...
6. No-bake chocolate cheesecake - as featured on the cover of delicious magazine
7. Mushroom Carbonara - extra tasty, and NO CREAM! ftw!
8. White chocolate and macadamia cookies - where homemade is a trillion times better than bought
9. Chicken and broad bean casserole - full of colourful winter veg, and slow cooked
10. Little apple and pear pies - with crumbly soft pastry and cosy flavour
11. Chocolate snaps with sea salt - a pretty favourite that's super easy to make
12. Espresso granita - strong coffee and ice crystals - a match made in dessert heaven
13. Thai-style beef salad - I make this at least once a week, the salad dressing is especially sublime
14. Jamie's coconut buns - wow, this was a popular post. Bonus: the buns are fab
15. Japanese chicken meatballs - canape par excellence on a toothpick
16. Salted caramel fudge - salted caramel was the flavour of the year and these sweetmeats don't disappoint
Cat of the Year Awards 2012
The softest cat in the world.
Sweet-natured (when she feels like it), always hungry and meowing for food.
Henry is a neighbour's cat but has made himself at home (occasionally) at Chez Ooh, Look.
Shows up at mealtimes.
A real cool cat.