You may have heard that Sydney's star patissier, Adriano Zumbo, has a new television show premiering on SBS on February 10. I'm in 2 minds about this because I alternately love and hate Mr Zumbo.
How do I love thee, Adriano, let me count the ways:
- Your cakes are so very photogenic
- You are quite photogenic, too
- Your patisserie is tantalisingly close to my house and I like to boast about it
Why I can't stand you (sometimes):
- You make me spend so much money on something that makes me fat
- You are so popular that I can no longer get into the store
- The store is so small and service there is so slow (not really your fault but the staff do wear your name on their t-shirts).
That makes it even stevens, no? I will be tuning in to the show, don't worry about that!
It also happens to be this blog's THIRD BIRTHDAY *release the streamers!!*
How's that for great timing? I originally posted on Zumbo cake several times a week, hence the rapid weight gain in the early days, though the weight has recently, disturbingly, plateaued even though I'm no longer eating so much cake.
Anyhoo, the focus these days is more on food that I like to prepare for dinner and dessert and poor ol' Zumbo has been relegated to my Tumblr blog, together with the cat. I'm sure they are thrilled to be there.
Let me know if you are happy with this arrangement, though if you aren't I would not count on any more changes any time soon - and this is a lead-in to the fact that my blog header here has changed. Or didn't you notice??? So (here's more stats) in the three years since this blog started, I have:
- posted about Zumbo cakes more than 100 times
- posted about 'other' cakes 12 times
- presented over 100 recipes
- started a craft blog (please visit it here, it's very colourful)
- changed the header once
- received thousands of wonderful comments from amazing and supportive readers - thank you all!
Finally, here's some eye candy for you, a kind of birthday present, in the absence of actual cake. Hope you like it!
For most of the original Adriano Zumbo cakes I've blogged about, click here.
For more recent Adriano Zumbo cakes, including the latest Summer 2010 range, click here.
This is still the most bizarre creation: